Our Templates are made to make your cutting easier and more accurate. The no-slip material creates a vacuum seal and locks up to 32 layers of fabric in place. Most people feel comfortable cutting 8-12 layers without sacrificing the accuracy. If you don’t cut straight, you’re never going to sew straight and you won’t have a perfect quilt. Because the material locks your fabric in place, you just need to lay the template on your fabric and turn to make your cuts. No more measure-cut, measure-cut, measure-cut, etc. The templates, like our rulers, are cut on a laser machine, so we know they were made with 100% accuracy. They can help you cut out enough blocks for a king-size quilt in a matter of minutes. We’ve got tons of different shapes and sizes, so be sure to check them out.
Easy Peasy Trees
· Cut three (3) trees of two different fabric choices if designing a two toned tree or cut six (6) trees of one color for a tree all one color.
· You will place the tree template with the straight edge on the fold of the fabric when cutting out the fabrics.
· Place two tree panels (one on top of each other) right sides together and sew at 1/4 and 3/8 inch seam allowances leaving bottom open on each tree section about five (5) -six (6) inches to allow for stuffing at a later time.
· Clip seam allowances in the curves and tree branch points trimming seam allowances slightly.
· Turn tree panel right side out and press. (Do all six panels like this to have a set of three after pressing.)
· Place all three panels on top of each other equally and pin into place matching branches, points, etc.
· After pinning, baste down the center two times for support.
· Stuff tightly with stuffing of your choice.
· After filling the tree with the stuffing, whipstitch or hand stitch closed the opening area you used for stuffing, tucking in the seams equally and stand tree upright.
· These trees will stand on their own with the branches curving upwards and after a bit of practice you will become a pro at them.
They can be used in many holiday scenes using different fabric choices, i.e...Easter, Fishing and camping, Halloween and Thanksgiving (fall colors), Christmas, etc...Let your imagination run wild! Have fun and enjoy these fun items.